The Limagrain Maize Breeding organization is expanding, and we are looking for a candidate to join our organization to lead the maize and Sunflower hybrid testing in the Central Chernozem region in Russia. The position provides an excellent opportunity to develop your career, driving maize and Sunflower experimentation local execution and working in a multi-disciplinary international environment.
Maize and Sunflower Experimentation Manager for Russia (m/f/d)
Your main activities:
In conjunction with the Head of Hybrid testing program:
- Develop and optimize the trial network in the targeted area.
- Monitor progress of the experimentation activities and propose any improvement or implementation of new phenotyping tools and protocols.
- Define and follow up budget and means to conduct all trialling activities in coordination with your manager
- Develop a good understanding of business challenges through interactions with all relevant stakeholders, including competitors, government officials and/or public institute.
- Lead local collaborations and propose exchanges with public and private partners in line with company standard and protocols.
- Implement the testing of maize and sunflower hybrids as requested by Maize and sunflower Breeders and product development managers.
- Develop, maintain and optimize the trialling network through interaction with local farmers, establish contract for testing.
- Evaluate the potential of each testing location and provide suggestion for improvement.
- Lead the maintenance of an up to date set of equipment: GPS systems, machinery (combine…), and associated phenotyping tools.
- Deliver high quality phenotypic scores for all traits of interest, perform quality control and deliver validated data loaded in database ready for use.
- Suggest improvement in phenotyping process.
- Manage the testing team dedicated to the project;
- Interact with the station manager and the Head of Hybrid testing for the management of CAPEX, resources organization and resources sharing, including working space, machinery and human resources.
- Ensure that all team members follow the company standards (health, safety and environment and other). Promote innovation and maintain high technical and scientific level of his / her team.
- Develop close relationship with other Hybrid Phenotypers operating in other programs or other territories as well as all Limagrain Field Seed Research organization.
- Prepare and follow budgets and investments for the Maize and Sunflower testing program and appropriately justify any deviations.
- Higher degree in agronomy with significant experience in trialling tworks and trials.
- Demonstrated knowledge in agronomy, machinery (GPS) and phenotyping devices.
- Knowledge of the target production region agronomic environment: soil, agronomic practices, associated biotic and abiotic stresses.
- Ability to use software for agronomic data handling and curation.
- Strong interpersonal, networking, organizational, and analytical skills are needed.
- Leadership skills and experience in managing people and programs
If you are interested to join us please send your CV and a short letter describing your motivation to the following elina.lavlinskaya(at)limagrain.com