Plant Breeding Interns – 2022
For our breeding stations in Rosenthal and Pocking we are looking for several
PLANT BREEDING INTERNS – 2022
What can you expect from your internship?
Your internship will be an immersion into Limagrain breeding activities, a period of three month is desirable. Depending on the location, you can gain experiences in applied maize, barley, rapeseed or wheat breeding.
Locations in Germany: Rosenthal and Pocking
- Paid internship
- Housing assistance
- Functional trainings and workshops
- Overall understanding of our company and vision
The following list includes some key activities performed by the Plant Breeding Interns:
- Preparing and sowing nursery and trial seeds
- Field operations including scorings of agronomic and disease resistance traits
- Supporting selections in early generation material
- Performing cross breeding
- Harvest of early generations
- Processing and analysis of scoring data
This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain experience in practical plant breeding and to understand the structure and organization of an international seed company. This internship program is highly suitable for students who would like to follow a career as a plant breeder.
Are you the right candidate?
- You are currently enrolled in a BSc or MSc progra in agricultural or related field
- You should have a very strong interest in plant breeding and in quantitative genetics.
- You should be aware that most of the work will take place outdoors, not in the lab or office
- You should be able to communicate in German (B1 level or higher)
Do you feel ready for this adventure?
Than please send your CV, a short letter describing your motivation, your preferred station and possible duration of your internship to
z.Hd. Frau Irina Panin
job ad PDF Download