Your main activities:
In conjunction with the Head of Hybrid testing program:
- Develop and optimize the trial network in the targeted area.
- Monitor progress of the experimentation activities and propose any improvement or implementation of new phenotyping tools and protocols.
- Define and follow up budget and means to conduct all trialling activities in coordination with your manager
- Develop a good understanding of business challenges through interactions with all relevant stakeholders, including competitors, government officials and/or public institute.
- Lead local collaborations and propose exchanges with public and private partners in line with company standard and protocols.
- Implement the testing of maize and sunflower hybrids as requested by Maize and sunflower Breeders and product development managers.
- Develop, maintain and optimize the trialling network through interaction with local farmers, establish contract for testing.
- Evaluate the potential of each testing location and provide suggestion for improvement.
- Lead the maintenance of an up to date set of equipment: GPS systems, machinery (combine…), and associated phenotyping tools.
- Deliver high quality phenotypic scores for all traits of interest, perform quality control and deliver validated data loaded in database ready for use.
- Suggest improvement in phenotyping process.
- Manage the testing team dedicated to the project;
- Interact with the station manager and the Head of Hybrid testing for the management of CAPEX, resources organization and resources sharing, including working space, machinery and human resources.
- Ensure that all team members follow the company standards (health, safety and environment and other). Promote innovation and maintain high technical and scientific level of his / her team.
- Develop close relationship with other Hybrid Phenotypers operating in other programs or other territories as well as all Limagrain Field Seed Research organization.
- Prepare and follow budgets and investments for the Maize and Sunflower testing program and appropriately justify any deviations.
- Higher degree in agronomy with significant experience in trialling tworks and trials.
- Demonstrated knowledge in agronomy, machinery (GPS) and phenotyping devices.
- Knowledge of the target production region agronomic environment: soil, agronomic practices, associated biotic and abiotic stresses.
- Ability to use software for agronomic data handling and curation.
- Strong interpersonal, networking, organizational, and analytical skills are needed.
- Leadership skills and experience in managing people and programs
If you are interested to join us please send your CV and a short letter describing your motivation to the following elina.lavlinskaya(at)limagrain.com